If you happen to be handling a project which requires careful planning and execution, a timeline can really be of great help. You can create it easily using Microsoft word and can enter all your project details and plans in it. It will help you to plan and execute the project with better productivity.
Given below are the steps provided by Microsoft help, which would help you create a timeline on your own using MS Word.
Steps from Microsoft help to create a timeline in Word
- Launch the Microsoft Word program from the Start menu and create a fresh document. Change the orientation of the page by selecting the “Page Layout “option followed by “Orientation” and then select “Landscape”.
- In the “illustrations “list, choose “Insert “tab and then choose the “Smart art “option. From the “Process” menu, choose the smart art that you think may suit your need and when you find one , click “Ok”.
- Place the timeline on the page where you would like it to be. Click on the “Format” option from the Smart Art Tools window and under the arrange category, click on “Position”. You can choose any position from the category provided like “ Position in Middle center with square text wrapping” etc.
- You can also add various details into your timeline like a name or date from the header and footer page. You can do this by selecting the “ Insert “tab. Choose either “Header “ or “Footer “ from the list and add the details you want to enter into the space provided.
- You can add various animations in order to change the appearance of your timeline. You may perform this task by clicking “Design” under the Smart Art Tools ,followed by choosing the available designs.
- Once you have finished with all these , you need to save the file by clicking on the “Save As” option. This would open up a window, asking you to choose the location where you want to save your file. Choose the location and type in a desired file name. Make sure to save the file as a “.docx” file so as to save it in the word format.
- You can conclude by clicking on the “Templates” option provided at the top left pane of the Save As window. Finally, click on the Save button to complete the process.
The good thing about saving the file as word document is that you can use it for future reference by creating another copy of this file and making the required changes in the same.