Microsoft launched Windows 98 in 1998. It succeeded Windows 95. Two years later, the company launched the Windows Millennium Edition (ME) as the replacement for Windows 98. Instructions for their use are given below.
How to Access and Launch Programs
- Begin these instructions by clicking the Windows “Start” button which is on the bottom-left side of the taskbar. Click “Programs” in order to view a list of all the software installed on your computer. Click a program icon in order to start an application.
- Following which, you need to click the “Start” button followed by “Run.” Type the name of the program in the “Open” text box and click “OK” in order to launch the application.
- It is then required that you click the “Start” button and then “Search.” Type the name of the program into the “Containing Text” text box. Select the “C:” drive in the “Look-In” drop-down menu. Finally click “Search Now” in order to search your computer. Double-click the program icon which is in the search results in order to launch the application.
How to Access Settings with Microsoft help
- Start off with these instructions by clicking the “Start” button followed by “Settings” and “Control Panel.”
- Following which, you need to click “Add Remove Programs” in order to install or uninstall software.
- It is then required that you click “Internet Options” in order to change settings for Internet Explorer which includes history, security and privacy settings.
- Click “Display” in order to adjust video settings which includes resolution, color depth and screen saver options.
- Click “Sounds and Multimedia” in order to change volume and speaker settings as well as to configure Windows sound options.
- Click “Printers” in order to install and uninstall printers as well as to set the default printer as well as to troubleshoot printer errors.
- Click “Add New Hardware” in order to install new hardware devices, peripherals and drivers.
How to Change the Windows Password
- Begin these instructions by clicking the “Start” button followed by “Settings” and “Control Panel.”
- You need to double-click “Passwords.” Click “Change Windows Password” and “OK.”
- Finally, type the old password into the “Old Password” text box. Enter the new password. Click “OK” in order to save the password settings.
That constitutes all the Microsoft help that you need to run Windows 98 and Windows ME. For more help, contact the Microsoft help center.Google+