Microsoft PowerPoint is an application that enables users to create professional presentations. This is a very popular program that comes bundled with the Microsoft Office suite. Sometimes while working with PowerPoint, you might want to create a folding arrow. This article contains instructions for creating the same.
Microsoft help instructions
What you can find below are the instructions recommended by the Microsoft help team which will assist you in the process of creating folding arrows for PowerPoint.
Using the present Autoshapes
- Start off by clicking on the option labeled “Insert” from the main menu of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Select “Shapes” from the insert menu.
- Scroll down to the section titled “Block Arrows” from the drop-down list.
- Choose any one of the “Curved Arrow” option from the list. These 3-D arrows fold over to the top, bottom, left or right.
- Finally click the slide and drag your mouse down to the left or right for creating the folding arrow.
Make your own folding arrow
- Click on “Insert” from the main menu and then select “Shapes”.
- Choose a basic rectangle from the “Rectangles” section. Click on your selection and drag it for creating the rectangle image on your slide. Click on the option labeled “Shape Fill”, select “Gradient” and then “Linear Diagonal” from the “Format” menu above your workspace.
- Click on the option labeled “Shapes” once again from the “Insert” menu. Select the “Right Arrow” located under the section titled “Block Arrow”. Click and drag your mouse for generating the block arrow. While selecting the block arrow, choose “Shape Fill” on the main menu to change the color if you wish to.
- Click on the circle colored in green located above the selected arrow image and move it to the right so that it is at 20 degree angle from its original position. The arrow should be pointing downward slightly to the right.
- Line up the top-left tip of the back of the block arrow with the tip left corner of the rectangle that you have created in the step 2. You will now be getting the appearance of a folding arrow. Press and hold the “CTRL” key and click on both the arrow and rectangle with the mouse. Right-click on the selection and select the option which says “Group” from the given menu; this will combine the two objects to take the shape of a single folding arrow.
That’s all with the Microsoft help instructions for creating a folding arrow in PowerPoint. Ciao!Google+