You will face issues with redirecting in Internet Explorer if your computer is infected with virus, commonly known as a redirect virus. This virus is responsible for redirecting your Internet searches to random websites. These viruses can also change your Internet homepage and desktop wallpaper. To get rid of this problem, all you have to do is to remove the virus responsible for it. This article contains instructions for doing the same.
Microsoft tech support instructions
What you can find below are the instructions suggested by the Microsoft tech support team which will guide you through the process of resolving redirecting problems with Internet Explorer.
Disable your system restore feature
- First, click on the Windows “Start” button.
- Right click on the option which says “Computer” from the start menu. Alternatively, you can just right-click on the icon titled “Computer” or “My Computer” located on your desktop.
- Select the option which says “Properties” from the given menu.
- Click on the option which says “System protection”.
- Now click on the “(system)” drive and then select the option which says “Configure”.
- Mark the check box titled “Turn off system protection” and hit the “Ok” button.
Launch a software removal tool
- Start off by opening your favorite internet browser.
- Visit the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool home page.
- Continue by clicking on the link titled “Download”.
- Select the option labeled “Run”. The Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool will now start scanning your computer looking for viruses that are affecting your Windows operating system and removes them.
Launch the anti-virus program installed on your computer
- Open the anti-virus program installed on your computer.
- If incase you don’t have an anti-virus program, you can always download one of the free editions of AVG, Windows Defender, or Avast.
- Make sure that the virus data base of your anti-virus is up to date. Almost all antivirus programs offer protection against new threats within a few hours of finding the new threat. However, you won’t be able to enjoy this benefit unless your anti-virus is up to date.
- Run complete system scan using this anti-virus program.
That’s all with the instructions for fixing redirecting issues in your Internet Explorer. Have a nice day!