Most email service providers offer support for Secure Sockets Layer or SSL. It is basically a method of encrypting all email transmissions between your computer and the mail server for enhanced Internet security.
If you are having a Yahoo Mail account, it is possible to configure SSL via Microsoft Outlook application. Microsoft Outlook is an application which can be used for managing your email accounts. It comes bundled with Microsoft Office and allows its users to configure and access all their email accounts through it. Once the SSL is enabled, all your outgoing and incoming email messages will be encrypted. The process of enabling SSL in Microsoft Outlook is fairly simple and can be completed in a few minutes.
So what you need to know here are the instructions for configuring your Microsoft Outlook, and that is exactly what you can find in this article.
Microsoft tech support instructions
To enable Yahoo’s SSL on your computer, all you have to do is to follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Start off with this procedure by opening your Microsoft Outlook application. To do this, click on the Windows “Start” button located on your desktop, select the option which says “All Programs” or “Programs” from the start menu, Choose “Microsoft Office” from the list of programs, and click on “Microsoft Outlook”.
- Continue with this procedure by clicking on the option labeled “Tools” from your Outlook’s main menu.
- Select the option which says “Email Accounts” from the tools menu.
- Click on the radio button labeled “View or change an existing account” and hit the “Next” button.
- Highlight your yahoo account by clicking on it and hit the button labeled “Change”.
- Go to the tab titled “Advanced” located at the top of the window.
- Mark the check boxes which say “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” in both the outgoing and incoming server sections.
- Enter “995” as the incoming port number and “465” as the outgoing port number.
- Finally, end this procedure by clicking the “Ok” button and then the “Finish” button for saving the settings.
That’s all with the instructions for enabling Yahoo’s SSL on your computer. Thanks for reading and have a good day!