MS Word is an extensively used word processer application that can be used to create and edit documents. At times while working on it, you might fail to save it on a disk of folder. However, it is possible to recover a Word document, which you have failed to save it to a disk or folder on your computer. This article contains instructions for doing the same.
What you can find below are the instructions recommended by the Microsoft chat support team, which will assist you in the process of getting back an unsaved word document.
Look out for the original document
- Start off with this procedure by clicking on the Windows “Start” button which you can see on the bottom left hand corner of your desktop. This button bears the official logo of Microsoft.
- Enter the name of the document in the start-menu search box and hit the “Enter” key.
- Click on the file if incase it appears on the search results. If you were not able to find it in the search results, click on the “Start” button once again, this time enter the full name of the file including the file extension in the start-menu search box, and press the “Enter” key. If you are still not able to see the file, then you need to search for the backup copy.
Search for the backup copy
- First you need to locate the folder where you have saved the file. Look out for the documents that end with “.wbk”. If incase you think that you have located the document, open your Microsoft Word application. To do this, click on the “Start” button, select “Programs”, click “Microsoft Office” and select “Microsoft Word”.
- Now click on the “Microsoft Office Button”, and select the option, which says “Open”.
- Select the “Files of Type” list and choose “All Files”.
- Choose the backup file you have just located and open the document. If the document fails to appear, then you need to search for the .wbk files using the start-menu search box.
That’s all with the instructions for getting back a word document which was not saved. Thanks for reading, and have a good day!