Are you currently using Microsoft Outlook Express? Do you wish to install any version of Microsoft Office except for the Office Home as well as Student version? You may choose to change Microsoft Outlook Express to the version of Outlook which includes Microsoft Office. You can also change from Outlook Express to the Microsoft Office version. This provides you with additional organizing options like Calendar, Tasks folder, categories as well as a Reminder system. Additionally, Microsoft Outlook offers automated data backup while Outlook Express does not.
Instructions to Import Outlook Express Email Account Settings
- Start off with these instructions by opening Microsoft Outlook. Click the “File” tab which is in the Outlook main menu. Choose “Internet Mail Account Settings” followed by “Microsoft Outlook Express.”
- Following which, you have to verify that the name which is displayed in the “From” field when you wish to send an email message is the name that you would like to use in Outlook. Make changes accordingly.
- It is then required that you enter your email password in the “Password” box. Choose the option that says “Remember Password.” Check the appropriate box if you do not wish to give your password each and every time that you choose to log in to Microsoft Outlook.
- Proceed to choose the way in which you wish to connect to the Internet. Click “Finish” in order to import account settings from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook.
Instructions to Import Outlook Express Email Messages, Address books and Rules
- Begin these instructions by choosing the “File” tab which is on the Microsoft Outlook main menu. Select “Import and Export,” followed by “Import Internet Mail and Addresses.”
- Choose the version of Outlook Express which you are using at present from the list of choices that are available.
- Check the “Import Mail” and “Import Addresses” check boxes. If you wish to change from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2003, you have to check the “Import rules” box in case you wish to import any of the email rules which you have created.
- You need to make a decision as to whether you wish to import or eliminate any of the duplicate addresses.
- Click “Finish” in order to begin the import process.
Instructions to Set Microsoft Outlook as the Default Email Program
- Choose the “Tools” tab which is on the Microsoft Outlook main menu. Choose “Options,” select “Other.”
- Check “Make Outlook the default program for Email, Contacts and Calendar.”
- Click “Ok.”
That concludes the instructions to change Microsoft Outlook Express to Microsoft Office with Microsoft Chat support.